William Ivey Long: Costume Designs 2007-2016
North Carolina native William Ivey Long is one of the most renowned theatrical costume designers working today. This exhibition, organized by The Mint Museum, explores Long's most recent work, from 2007 to today. It features the theatrical productions The Lost Colony (redesigned 2007-2008), The Mystery of Edwin Drood (2012), Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella (2013), Little Dancer (2014), and On the Twentieth Century (2015), as well as the television specials Grease Live! (2016), and The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again (2016). Focusing on Long's process, it features sketches, swatches, mood boards, and other preparatory materials in addition to the costumes themselves. Because costume design is not an area in which the Mint collects, it provides visitors with exposure to this form of art and allow for comparison of the different goals of theatrical costume and fashion. The exhibition is co-curated by Annie Carlano and Rebecca Elliot. It is accompanied by a scholarly and lavishly illustrated book. See website for complete museum hours.
Cost: $15 adults; $10 seniors & students; $6 kids under 18; free for kids under 4
500 S. Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Other Dates & Times
- Saturday, March 3, 2018, 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday, March 16, 2018, 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday, February 9, 2018, 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- ? Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Saturday, Feb 17, 1:00 PM
- Sunday, Feb 4, 11:00 AM
- More Events on February 14, 2018
- Wednesday, Feb 14, 7:30 PM
- Local to Charlotte, Rooted in the Carolinas: Taste Carolina Uptown Food Tour at Coco and the DirectorWednesday, Feb 14, 9:45 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.