Pipeline by Dominique Morisseau, directed by Sidney Horton
Winner of the Edgerton Foundation New Play Award
A mother’s hopes for her son clash with an educational system rigged against him in PIPELINE, the riveting new play by Dominique Morisseau.
Nya, an inner-city public high school teacher, is committed to her students but desperate to give her only son Omari opportunities they’ll never have. When a controversial incident at his upstate private school threatens to get him expelled, Nya must confront his rage and her own choices as a parent. But will she be able to reach him before a world beyond her control pulls him away?
With profound compassion and lyricism, PIPELINE brings an urgent conversation powerfully to the fore. Don’t miss this deeply moving story of a mother’s fight to give her son a future — without turning her back on the community that made him who he is.
"Pipeline is an emotionally harrowing, ethically ambiguous drama that raises barbed questions about class, race, parental duty, and the state of American education."- Variety
Cost: $22 in advance, $28 at the door
345 N. College St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
More Event Ideas
- More Theater Events
- Sunday, Oct 6, 3:00 PM
- VIRTUAL (Live Online) - ART Summer Camp: DIFFERENT STROKES - DIFFERENT FOLKS at SMAcademy of Integrated ArtsMonday, Jul 22, 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, Sep 18, 7:30 PM
- More Events at McGlohon Theatre at Spirit Square
- Saturday, Oct 5, 8:00 PM
- Monday, Sep 23, 7:30 PM
- Friday, Aug 9, 8:00 PM
- More Events on August 22, 2019
- Thursday, Aug 22, 5:30 PM
- Thursday, Aug 22, 7:00 PM
- Thursday, Aug 22, 3:00 PM